Happy New Year! I didn't end the previous year well having missed my assigned posting date so have to play catch up. Here's a post that I was originally posted on my tech blog.
If you're like many individuals you may have received a new iPod or MP3 player as a gift during the holiday season. You are probably busy loading it with your favorite songs and perhaps even an audio book or two. But did you know that you can access some phenomenal professional development with it as well?
My iPod has been the source of many hours of listening pleasure since I received it as a gift from my daughter two years ago. I can honestly say I don't often travel alone without it and my handy FM transmitter in my vehicle. Besides music I have found some tremendous podcasts that I listen to on regular basis. I've listed some of my favorites below. All of them are available as a free subscription through iTunes.
- Moving at the Speed of Creativity - Wesley Fryer
- Adventures in Podcasting - Shawn Wheeler
- Connect Learning - David Warlick
- The Teachers Podcast (formerly known as Podcast for Teachers) - Dr. Kathy King and Mark Gura
- SMARTBoard Lessons Podcast - Ben Hazzard and Joan Badger 2007 Edublog Award Winner
- K12 Online Conference 2007 and 2006
- This is the Motherload of Professional Development resources for the
past two years. All of the presentations are broken down into their
strands on the K12Online Help Desk Wiki.
So if your looking for a way to get some great PD without having to prep to be out of your classroom, subscribe to these and some of the many other excellent podcasts that are out there.
Definitely Worth a Look!
** Here's how to manage several iPods on one computer via Vicki Davis
Image Credit: Louder @ https://flickr.com/photos/hermida/66757961/