I don't have my own blog yet. I told myself I'd get my first year as a new administrator under my belt, and then start a blog. I am ready to begin creating one, but thought I would first ask all of you a few questions:
- If you currently have a blog for your school/district, are you glad you started it or has it become more work than you thought?
- Do you get feedback on your blog or does it sometimes feel like you are talking just to yourself?
- How much time do you think you spend a week writing on your blog? Do you try to do this during your work day or is it mostly from home?
- Do you pay for the blog service or do you use a free one?
- What advice would you give to an administrator who is thinking about starting a blog?
- If you don't currently have a blog, why not? What's keeping you from creating one?
I'm curious to hear from you fellow administrators out there who are juggling all the things we do in a day and also find time to blog on a regular basis on your own site. I also want to hear from you fellow administrators who choose NOT to blog and the reasons why you don't.