Thanksgiving is one of those points in the school year that is a milepost. We can never discuss the things we are thankful for in our chosen vocation enough. While this may seem a bit cliché, I believe thankfulness is the gateway to happiness. A few things I am thankful for in my professional life:
- The excitement on children's faces to arrive at our elementary school. Their smiles are infectious!
- Colleagues who are positive, supportive, and dedicated to making our students futures limitless!
- Colleagues who are willing to disagree without being disagreeable. We need to have honest communication. That doesn't mean it can't be tactful.
- Custodians, cooks, and paraprofessionals. We can't run the place without these folks and we don't thank them nearly enough.
- The impact technology has made on schools. I look forward to its transformative power rehaping the landscape of American education.
- People who force us to analyze what we are doing, help set the vision for where we should be going, and the practical advice to get us there. Scott McLeod and Doug Johnson come to mind for me in this instance.
- A wonderful network of professional educators who are willing to share their experiences and problem solve via forums such as this.
What are you thankful for in your professional life?